Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Taking off!


1.5 weeks before plane leaves:

This summer has been a good one. I had ample time for planning and shopping for this trip. It was ever convenient to be at Andrews for when I had any questions regarding the trip I could just meander over and simply ask.

I"m glad to be finished with the early morning hours at Lamson Hall desk. I've concluded that being awake from 12:25-3:25 am is not healthy for me... 3:25-6:25 is not much better.

I made a handful of new friends as well that I'll miss.

I fly into Hawaii on Sunday the 2nd for a 3 day training session for the island missionaries. That will be interesting. I look forward to meeting the other student missionaries as well as to gather any additional advice that will be given.

These couple weeks before I leave have been sort of a surreal experience, for m
y mind did not and still does not fully grasp what I'm about to be doing. I understand it but I feel like I"m being way too calm for what the reality of situation should call for. I can't believe I'm going to be teaching. It's beginning to baffle me how I'm actually am doing this. I feel like my brain is way behind and has not clue as to what is about to happen. it'll be jolted into position soon enough.
Culture shock here I come! haha. It'll be and adventure.


Half a week before flight:

I'm about to take off! As the days I have left here dwindle, I am beginning to realize exactly what I signed up for. I'm having increasing feelings of apprehension. All I can do is ignore them though because I've made up my min that I will do this whether my lesser willed self wants to or not.

Many other missionaries are leaving around this time as well. Keep us all in your thoughts and prayers as we travel to our new temporary homes. We each have our own mission to fill, and God willing,
we'll be able to give the most where it's needed.

3 comments:

  1. i'm so excited for you Katherine! you'll be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will keep you in our prayers Katherine. I look forward to your updates and stories. You will be a perfect teacher. Have safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katherine,
    Wow, this blog thing is great! I'm so excited for you...this whole thing is so amazing and wonderful. I'm very proud of you for making such an important decision AND following through with it...! Congratulations and I really look forward to your continued blog updates!
    Love, Judy

    ReplyDelete