Monday, March 29, 2010

Description on pictures


The apartment pictures are pretty self explanatory. I attached a video to go along with it. It's sort of small but I really don't need that much space when there is dorm lobby to go hang out in too.

The new dorm pictures are as follows from top to bottom : Left view of lobby with table and aquarium, also Junior wing and my apartment. Right view of lobby with couches fireplace and TV, also senior wing and window to chapel. Middle hallway down freshman sophomore wing and also head deans apartment. Kitchenette. Study room. View of boys dorm from girls dorm. Girls Dorm. There is also a guest bathroom, office (we're still waiting for our new desk), laundry room and basement with exercise equipment. It's all very homey and is a bit like living in a hotel. We are very blessed.

The study room has been getting some use now that I've started tutoring. The girls do their homework in there when I'm not tutoring as well. I like teaching better than tutoring even though they seem like the same thing. A lot of the stuff I have to learn with the students, like math and english. I've forgotten a lot, such as prepositional phrases and Algebra 2. It's cool though. I like being able to help. I enjoy explaining things so they understand. I'm also helping a girl study for the SAT even though she's only a freshman. She want's to do really well so I've started her off with some vocabulary words.

1 comment:

  1. Katherine, I appreciate your explaining
    face book to me the best you could. I see it as a step in the right direction patience wise.
    I think Yap has taught you some valuable lessons.
    Thanks for being a great daughter.
    love,
    mom

    ReplyDelete