Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I'm getting excited

So, this is where I will be going... It's absolutely beautiful. It's also little. A total of 35 square miles for 10 months. I think I may get a little cabin fever once culture shock sets in but I don't think I'll want to leave during Christmas or spring break. I'm sure there's a lot to see. I hope to go scuba diving there at least once. Yap is famous for it's manta rays. I'm getting all these ideas about teaching too. On the first day I want to get a picture of each student along with their name, something they like and their favorite color. With this I want to make each of them a book mark with their name and thing and color on it. I'll also look at the pictures while making them so I can learn their names. I also want to do some labs in class. I found some great ones online that will take minimal planning. I'm a little worried about supplies though. I hope I'll be able to make a good curriculum and not test them too hard or too easy. I loved high-school science classes and I hope I can instill that love in them as well as my teacher did. I really hope they like me but also want them to respect my authority; I'm nervous about finding a balance. It's coming really fast, I only have four months to plan! When my first letter came back, Amanda in Campus Ministries told me how much it was and I was speechless. My first letter was just $500 dollars short of the total requirement for going! If that isn't a sign from God that he wants me to go there I don't know what is. I need to thank these people somehow but I don't even know where to begin since I hardly know them. I wonder if God impressed them in some way to give so much because of the financial crisis we are going through. I have no idea but thank God every time I remember it. I pray that he'll help me be a good teacher. I want to give something while I'm there. I wish to go with a serving spir

No comments:

Post a Comment