Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sad news

Thursday morning at 11:00 am my roommate was confirmed dead. Kirsten had gone for her early morning run and did not return. She was found five hours later on the side of the road. Someone had killed her. I’m not going to go into all the details because I don’t know all of them yet. Please pray for her friends and family. Her family is deeply hurt but are encouraged by the promise that they will see their daughter when Christ returns. Kirsten loved Jesus with all her heart. She was an amazing young woman. We loved her. Many of us are trying to decide what to do at this point. Will we stay here and finish our work or will we come home? I don't know what to do yet. Your prayers are appreciated as always. I don't want to abandon my students and this school but at the same time how can I stay when my family here is being broken apart? How can I start teaching again on monday? Kirsten is gone and two others may be leaving too. If I leave the high-school will most likely shut down for the year because there is no replacement science teacher. I'm feeling numb and confused but am ok. Any encouraging words or advice would be appreciated also

2 comments:

  1. Katherine:
    I am so sorry to hear all that has hapened to the whole community. God's peace be with all of you.
    Here are a few words that someone directed toward me for the time I am struggling with...


    You are going through something extremely difficult in your life
    Believe that even in those times God loves you passionately!
    God’s love will never depart from you no matter what you have done or haven't done.
    His peace will not be removed; he will give peace that passes your understanding.
    He has loved you forever and will build you up again. He's not done with you yet!

    God is smitten with you. He can't stop thinking about YOU! Take a minute or two to receive his love. Ask him to reveal to you personally in a real way! May these truths bring encouragement to your heart today. Please remember that no matter what is going on in your life YOU ARE LOVED...don't be afraid to receive it!

    Psalm 66:20 "Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me."

    What ever the decision that you made, God will use you...He is so proud of what you hae accomplished for His kingdom thus far, and the plans that we choose, even if it isn't the one that He would rather have for us, He can use to the glory of Heaven.

    Hugs, prayers, tears are being said and shed as the community you are in heals. The times that we have no family around to help hold us is the time where God is the closest. Hold Him close and feel His warmth around you.

    Gods' Love and Peace to you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK I HAD TO GO BACK AND READ THIS. FOR SOME REASON I DIDNT QUITE UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING. I KNOW THIS WAS A HARD TIME. I FEEL REALLY BAD B/C I TELL YOU THINGS AND I KNOW YOU ARE STILL GETTING OVER THIS AND STRESSING...IM SO SORRY

    ReplyDelete