Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Betel Nut...



Yesterday I found Dukay with some betel nut. I had to write him up for it and now he's suspended for about 5 days. I felt so sad doing it but its a #1 offense. If it happens again he'll be expelled. I was reading about betel nut and it's worse for you than cigarettes. It causes so many diseases and health problems yet many people are under the impression that it isn't that bad at all. It causes a 'high' sort of effect when chewed which is addicting. Many people have been chewing since they were young children as it has become part of the culture. What a shame...

When I found it he was offering me some coconut candy during the lunch break. He was holding it in his hand and obviously trying to hide it. Rodney was with him and when I called Dukay on it Rodney had the nerve to ask me to try it. 'just once, try it'. What a smart alleck. He must think I'm stupid or something. I told Dukay that I never want to see him with it again and then later that day I brought him the the principal. Dukay said he had fuond it in a desk. Why didn't he tell me that when I called him on it? I think it's a very fishy explaination. I have a hard time believing him.

Please keep my students in your prayers. Especially Dukay and both Rodney and Riley.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing the, the ways of the world?! Thinking of you every day!
    Love Aunt Janice

    ReplyDelete