Saturday, September 12, 2009

Welcome party fun




On Friday we had the freshmen welcoming party and it started at lunch time. There were water balloons and food and fun and everything. I had finished eating and I watched as one boy came and positioned a huge water balloon over Mr. Taylor, the math teacher. Another boy came from the other direction with a knife and popped it right over his head as he was eating. It was so hilarious and right when I had finished exclaiming how funny it was, I felt a cool splashing all around me. The same exact prank had been pulled yet again but instead it was over my head. I was sopping wet! Not a minute after I was exclaiming how ridiculous it all was a cold slippery finger came and wiped against my face. It was Dukay and he was sharing his ice-cream in a way that most would not appreciate. If you remember, Dukay is the same boy who was suspended for having betel nut.


I had mostly forgotten about it but was thinking of ways that I could join in this fun. Dukay was getting more ice cream to either enjoy or impart onto others and I came behind him and poured my water bottle down the back of his shirt. His shoulders hunched up in response as the cool water must have shocked his skin. I bolted out of there and did not look back. I had paid him back his deed.

Later that day we were having a closing sort of prayer and as soon as we opened our eyes I proceeded to pour my water bottle onto Rodney who had gotten me with the first water balloon. The next thought I remember is one of apprehension and alarm. A very cold liquid began dripping through my hair. At first I was sure it was water as what else could it be? But as my own shoulders began to hunch up, my head bent down to avoid getting anything in my eyes. I could see it dripping past my face and onto the ground. This liquid was not water. What was this stuff? It smelled of something rotten and had a sticky viscosity to it. Then I noticed that it was not only a liquid but solid pieces made up it’s composition as well. The liquid was whitish creamish brown and the pieces were yellow. Were those peaches? Or maybe passion fruit? Why was I seeing rice? To my disgust, there were also pieces of some type of flesh falling out of my hair. Hotdogs… I wanted to throw up as it smelled of that very thing. ‘sick, sick sick!’ was all I could even think, I couldn’t even utter a word. I walked to the spicket so nothing would get anywhere else than it already had. Who had done it? None other than the one… Dukay… He had made this concoction with me in mind. I was its purpose. I got right under the water and drenched myself. If only I could get rid of that terrible smell… I wanted to shower forever…

I recovered after several dousings and managed to change my disgust back into a playful demise. I didn’t manage to get him back in another way but had a lot of fun drenching lots of other students as they managed to do so me. It was so much fun! I was definitely on their most wanted list, and I was very bad at getting away. I had my picture taken with Dukay after all the fun was spent. There are no hard feelings. Ah, bonding with students. I think it was a good day.

3 comments:

  1. Can you send a picture of Dukay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure. I added a picture of him onto this post. The first one is on the first day of school and the second is at the freshmen welcoming party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katherine,

    Mark my words, Dukay might be your best or favorite student by the end of the year, even if they are all your favorites. He is seeking a relationship with someone, and you might be able to guide him.

    Brian

    ReplyDelete