Thursday, August 13, 2009

Shopping and Syllabi 8/13/09




Today was really exciting because we went into town and I found some great things that I didn’t expect. I found this amazing apple cinnamon cereal which is picture above. I’m so delighted because is has flaxseed in it!! I also found a bag of barley. I’m really happy about that because it will provide some variety in the types of grains I eat. I also got some seed packages of tomatoes, beets, spinach, broccoli and radishes!! I can’t wait to begin cultivating them for food. :) They will be delicious additions.

Later this evening I began writing syllabi for my classes. Ugh, is that ever difficult. I really want to have a well managed class and I think so far my planning is going ok. I need to be consistent with what I tell them. I think I’ll be able to do that. My classroom is nearly finished. I’ll post some pictures of it probably tomorrow.

One of the other student missionaries is having trouble with being able to stay here because she is not a U.S. Citizen. She’s from Germany and is here on a tourist status. She will need to leave and fill out some paper work on another island close by and may not be able to return until a month later. Someone else will need to teach her 3rd grade class while she’s gone and such. We are all praying that this will not be a problem and that perhaps she will be able to come back relatively quickly. Please keep her in your prayers.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Katherine,
    I'm glad you will get the barley. I started
    putting barley powder in my carrot juice
    because it is so nutritious even with Halleluia
    Acres. Do you want me to send the package that
    came in the mail? I emailed you, but no response.
    Happy preparation day.
    Love,
    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Katherine, I love your Blog too! I am learning to eat better now too.
    And I finally sold the older car. I have some goodies to send you in a care package!!! I will get them out Saturday the 15th or Monday the 17th. Will be interesting to see how long it takes. Anything you might want sent over????? Love Janice P.S. I am going to send you a little album with family pictures to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops, I meant TOO, also...... :)

    ReplyDelete