Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Work, Food, and Snorkeling 8/9/09



Today Kirsten and I went back to a place on our walk yesterday where a pool of water had some tadpoles and I collected some along with some little water snails. I put this and some mud and leaves into the fishbowl that was in our apartment. Now we can see them grow!

Then we all spent the morning raking up the elementary school playground field. I got two blisters and a lot of sore muscles. For lunch we had rice, lentils bread and jam and then some vanilla, coconut water, papaya popsicles. Chilled coconut water is simply heavenly… The homemade bread is really good. I don’t think we’ll be buying any more bread from the store.

We are running out of food pretty fast. Five people eat a lot. Unfortunately the store with most of the vegetables is the farthest away. We’ll need to make a trip tomorrow. It’s only a few kilometers but none of us have gotten our license okayed here so we’ll have to ask for a ride.

I did some laundry today and hung it out to dry. Laundry soap is only 35 cents for a pound; very economical.

Here in Yap we’re 15 hours ahead of Wisconsin time, or 9 behind and then subtract a day. Haha! So, it’s 2:00 pm here on Sunday and 11:00 pm on Saturday in Wisconsin. I think Jet lag is pretty much gone now.

We went snorkeling today and it was so cool!!! The fish were so cute. I got some pictures and then my camera died. The beach was really nice. I climbed a palm tree and had a hard time getting down. I can’t wait to go back there.

No comments:

Post a Comment