Friday, August 7, 2009

Reassured

So I've been increasingly becoming more nervous about teaching in Yap. The intimidations of controlling a classroom of students that very likely don't care about learning have caused me to be kind of scared. But then while on the plane I was thinking and came to the realization that this whole time I've been getting more nervous, I've actually been thinking in the wrong way. I've been thinking about myself and my decision to come and had forgotten about God's decision to send me. God has things that only I can do for him in Yap. I believe that there are specific people that God may be trying to reach by my being here. I think that God has specific people for everyone to reach. For what other reason are we here then, but to somehow reach out to someone who needs to see the love of God? Why am I worrying? Yes it's going to be hard at times and the things I'll have to face and overcome will be difficult but I have nothing to worry about inthe end. For God will not give us anything that we are not strong enough to withstand, especiallyl with His aid. I've known this all along but why do I forget so easily? I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Philippians 4:13). Realizing this once again has caused me to be a bit more at ease. If God has the confidecne to use me then I really don't need to be scared about this at all.

2 comments:

  1. Katherine!
    I'm excited that you made it and are actually there! I am really looking forward to when you feel more comfortable with yourself and start to feel more at ease with everything (which may take some time, you have to get through culture shock first). I thought it was interesting that you mentioned that these kids might not want to be in school...and I was wondering what you meant by that because I thought kids in other countries loved going to school...
    Just remember to keep an open mind about everything...
    It's all soooo exciting....!
    Love, Judy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, they don't really have the motivation to do well in school because after they graduate there is not much else they can do with it. Most of them will never leave the island and many of them become fishermen. It is our jobs as teachers to instill a desire to learn which may be a difficult task. I think if they see a love for learning in their teacher they will most likely pick some of them up for themselves

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete